Monday, July 18, 2011

Samsung UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver)



This review is a bit long winded. Go to the end just for the pros and cons. Or, read on to lose 10 minutes of your life.

In the last 5 years I have been using a 58 "Panasonic Plasma TV. Not a bad TV, but not the greatest as well. It was up to 1080i, which was fast enough hot (which made the room warm shooting air conditioning in many times), and the dimensions were rare (I looked at entertainment centers that must conform to the TV 60 ", but the TV does not fit.). I felt an update was in order.

I have to admit, buying a TV was fun. Much work remains. The survey was overwhelming at times. Sites about sites, magazines, books, tickets of different people, vendors try to sell different things depending on what store was so reduced it to one of many HDTVs from Sony or Samsung Series C or D. After restricting its scope to the two types, it was a little easier. I was about 4 Fry Electronics different and seven different Best Buy to check in different situations. After that, until UN55D8000 (boy, I remember the numbers). To make the decision easier, I was looking on Amazon, and to my surprise they had for $ 500 less than the others, plus free shipping. Score!

With free shipping, which usually takes a little longer. I would say that from the time of order, until he came to my door, which took about 1.5 weeks. He came home delivered direct U.S. and had no problems with delivery. They were going to set up the TV, but I said no, for my entertainment center had not yet arrived. I opened the box, put the TV on a soft cloth (our bed comforter) and installed the stand. Eight screws, piece of cake. I called DirecTV receiver and a PS3. There are some adjustments that will cost at first, when the TV is on. It takes about 2 minutes, literally. After that, the fun begins! Going from 1080i to 1080p is a huge difference! I had a recording of Chuck on DVR, and almost seemed to live. I also saw some satellite programs and even the regular non-HD channels looked amazing.

After wiping the drool from the ground, I wanted to see the 3D television. I got the free copy of Shrek 3 on PS3, put on his glasses and waited to be surprised. Besides the incredible color, which looked exactly like 2D! WTH? So I remember reading somewhere that the PS3 actually play movies in 3D, but with an update. I waited about 30 minutes for the update to finish. After that, load the DVD again, and there was the movie with this funky 3D image. Hey, wait, I have 3D glasses, as I see it. Oh, sorry. Batteries must be installed in the cups. Finally! The 3D image was amazing! Seriously, watching TV in 3D is incredible. I can not wait until "no more paper in 3D. As it stands now, the only real 3D movie are documentaries or cartoons, except for some movies regularly (ie Resident Evil, Step Up 3, etc. )

I just installed last night, so I can not give you more general information. But even if I had more time, I do not think I can give you detailed specifications may be looking for. I am not an expert in home theater. Here's a rundown of the pros and cons:

PROS:
* The lack of a larger framework that really makes a difference. Not only aesthetically but in terms of functionality, too (better 3D visualization. It seems that you are looking for a window.).
* The images are spectacular. If it's regular programming, HDTV programming or Blu-Ray.
* Price on Amazon was very good!
* The delivery was fast.
Many of the settings *, so you can configure the TV of your choice and the scene of the view (ie a film, series, etc.)
* See the 3D movie is awesome! I just wanted Panasonic does not have exclusive rights to Avatar.

CONS:
* SmartTV is a nice feature. But not a necessity. I really doubt that Facebook Tweet or television.
* Audio is not great but sufficient. I was not really expecting much from a flat screen TV.
* It comes with touch screen remote control, as was supposed to be the case earlier this year.
* Please e-mail receipts (or register online) to get 3D glasses. True, you will receive a starter kit with this 3D TV, which has the glasses, but these glasses are a little different and use batteries. In addition, you must send a free copy of Shrek and Megamind forever. It really does not complain, however, as these are free.
Do you require a more detailed manual on the use of most resources. The manual comes with its thickness, but only because the same thing in different languages.

Sorry for the long review. In yelpers write a bunch of garbage, right?

UPDATE: After playing with the TV a little more this weekend, I noticed that the top of the screen was a little blinking light (about where the screen frame and is approximately 1 / 16 "of high and was almost completely through the TV. I'm hoping is not the "brink of enlightenment.") that only made some DirecTV channels. Most of the channels were fine and Blu-ray was fine. I think it's Once the receiver or, possibly, the cheapest HDMI cable. I have a Monster Cable M1000 series coming later this week, so I update and change of residence.

In addition, there was a conversation around online about people having problems syncing the remote. I had no problems and had about 5 feet from the TV.

One last thing, one of the glasses 3D computer does not seem to work. I changed the batteries and nothing. The next morning, I tried again, this time turning off the bluetooth on the phone and it worked. If this had an effect on him, I dunno. However, just thought I'd throw out there.

Indeed, this weekend, I have seen entangled in 3D MLB2K11 and played on the PS3 ...... WOW! I have to admit, I like 3D, but I thought it was a novelty. No way. 3D is very different now than when we had those red and blue glasses. Change the whole experience.

Update # 2: No need to do something for the line was. He just went away one day.

Also, I finally got the 3D glasses of proof is on TV. Unfortunately, there are the 3,300 3700S kept seeing people at CES. It will not remove the rating, but I'm a little disappointed that the glasses and the remote control that was announced earlier this year did not come with the unit, or even through e-mail. The charger of glasses is $ 199! No thanks. I will read it with the USB cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment