Monday, July 18, 2011

LG 42LK520 42-Inch 1080p LCD TV - Black



I bought a LG 42LD550, used it for several months and was very happy with its quality, but the screen size of 42 "was a bit too small for my room so I decided to buy a bigger TV in place . The LD550 has better features than the LK520 - web application was something that attracted me, but it requires an adapter that comes with the TV, so I did not try I do not think I have this function in any case. so I bought back the 47 "LK520 at the same price --- that was for sale on Amazon for 700.

Shipping:

This model was released in March 2011, and put the order in April. I think because it is relatively new, so I had to wait 4-6 weeks to ship the product.

So, after waiting patiently for over a month, my TV has finally arrived. I was hoping the guys in the shipping company to open the box and let me watch TV as they did when I bought the other LG models. I was surprised when I said they could not open the box, and that I should open my own, and maintain a picture of a year, if you need it again. This sounds a bit strange, but I signed the delivery slip anyway.

Mounting:

It took several minutes to mount the TV. My brother and I put the panel on the couch with the screen down and secured the base / stand with a few screws. It appears that support was made of cheap plastic. I hope it's harder than it looks.

The look:

This TV has a simple sophisticated design. I like the matte and glossy black frame. There is a small blue light on the bottom right when the TV is on. Although the distance is easy to use, the project seems boring and cheap, some buttons / functions seems to me a duplicate. But I think it's no big deal as long as the works.

Sound Quality:

There are several ways you can choose the sound. Was defined as "standard" by default, and the volume was low, but it was much better since I changed it to "music" or "Cimem." Also called the "surround sound" feature. Above all I am happy with the sound quality.

Image quality:

I had the TV for two weeks, at first I was impressed with image quality - sharp and clear, and the color looks great, and LD550 model. I put the picture mode "Cinema" - the "default" mode is a bit too bright for sensitive eyes. Of course, you can create and save the path of self-image, adjust brightness, color and contrast, etc, but one day I noticed the brightness on the screen suddenly changed --- which was darker after Some time was brilliant again (which is similar to when you're not rolling clouds in the sky on a sunny day). Do not turn the "smart sensor" and I think the light in my room has not changed. I have not had this problem with the LD550 model. Not sure if I have a defective item or what. Now I give it a 4 stars, TV and waiting for an easy solution to the problem of glare. I will try it for a few days and decide if you should call LG or return ....

*** UPDATE: I found the reason my TV suddenly go dark because I had the "Engergy Saver" in (set to "Auto"). Thus, when the sensor detects a change in the illumination of the television in the room, adjust the screen brightness automatically. Sometimes the screen is so dark you can barely see. I'm not sure how you can save energy by doing this, but I think it's boring to me, so I turned to the function, and solved the problem! Glad I did not have to return this TV. I'm happy with my purchase so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment