Monday, July 18, 2011

Samsung UN46D8000 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver)



I wanted to give this TV a glowing review, after all, has some of the latest LED technology and style is a trend. After a week with this TV, I'm not satisfied with the "Samsung Experience". Let me get this off my chest first. Any time an event like a county fair, at first, if not all the rides and attractions are open? you're excited because it seems it can be fun, but it is a little early for the full experience. Well, that's how I feel about this TV. First, the 3D glasses that supposedly come with this TV were not the case. Instead, there is a bond can be sent, or go online to (I did). After a week and no answer, I called to find out why the delay. I was told to read the fine print of the voucher, who said there was a wait of 10 to 12 weeks for the glasses. Not good. Secondly, I found a problem with the remote, which is not a fun thing to have in your hand. It's kind of short and wide, with two sides. One side has a QWERTY keyboard for text entry, and a pointer to the touch. I think the up, down, right, controls the left does not work properly with my unit and asked for support to this report. They seemed very interested in the subject and said she would call back in 45 minutes (after the creation of a test unit) for more information. He was not called again. Another reviewer mentioned the difficulty of matching the remote to the TV via Bluetooth. I also thought it was a problem and not always easy to do.

Samsung has incorporated a feature called Smart Hub in its "intelligent television. This is a portal that has Netflix, Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Pandora, a web browser, and various games and applications that are free or pay. The action is good and I'm looking forward to seeing its development. You need to register your TV and create an account, like an Apple ID before you can buy any of the applications. Think you could do it from the TV, but can not, must go online to do this. no big deal, but it was confusing. The Samsung website is not ready for prime time as well. The discussion forum is not working yet. An interesting thing is Live Help, which works very well. However, it was not able to get the level of support needed.

Ok, enough complaints. This is good television. It is very light, has a narrow profile and includes a good support, chromium that lets you turn the TV around 30 degrees in either direction. A very important factor for me was the slim body, which allowed me to put a 46 "in my September 43" cabinet width. The TV has many inputs, including some weird connectors that allow you to connect components and composite video. I have a DVD player that uses HDMI not component connectors, and it worked well. The TV setup is not difficult if you have any experience with the connections, and I was able to get all the components and work my receiver soon. As mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of how the remote, and I'm trying to duplicate most of the features of my Harmony universal remote control.

One thing I did was connect my iMac to my TV to display images from my photography club. I did not expect the quality is better than my iMac 27 ", but was much better. Natural color film mode, the establishment of a warm up. The clarity was great. I saw no artifacts on the screen and intrusive was happy as a blow to the amazing image quality of my photo (as members of the club). The TV is connected to our system Uversa and HD quality is very good. I have no measuring tools or calibration but I have a good eye for photography color balance, contrast and sharpness are excellent All I need to get a handle on "Cine Mode" which can see the modern family in a strange experience.;. almost makes some programs seem to have been filmed as a novel. I leave it 'off' this feature for now. Tonite was the 10 Commandments (1956), and the quality was amazing! I still have not seen a Blue Ray DVD, as I have not bought one player yet. And of course I have no 3D glasses. How I can upgrade my plan to review how things change.
This TV is worth at least a rating of 4 stars. ¿I can add another, depending on how things develop.

Update 06/08/2011
Finally I have my 3D glasses in the Compliance Center "Samsung." Active shutter glasses are standard and come with USB cables for charging. You can connect the cables in the back of the unit and glasses recharges when the power is on. We have seen our 3D movie together for the first time last night. The 3D effect is excellent and I saw no artifacts. The fit over my glasses and comfortable. That turn on automatically when it detects a transmission in 3D, which is good.

The bulk distance is usually only waiting to be used as programming a Harmony universal remote control that allows me to use and control functions SmartHub. SmartHub still evolving and there are many update messages indicating that is constantly updated. I like Vimeo sites and Vudu, and Netflix. The browser, gamed and other applications are not attractive to me yet.

I continue to praise the image quality on this set. I can not say is better than a Sony or Panasonic or other brand, but I have no reason to look further. I can only describe the quality of high definition as "rich" and full tone. The shadow detail that surprises me, and blacks are really black. We never found the image of being too contrasting or saturated. I also believe that there is no reason to mess with the controls, because they are defined. After more than a month of view, I still find myself saying 'this is great "when I see high-quality emissions. Again, the use ATT as my provider Uversa cable, and our quality of the signal is very good. I do not expect to buy another TV of this caliber for a long time, and I hope that Samsung will grow with us in the coming years.


No comments:

Post a Comment